Are you losing your hair? Every day we lose between 50-100 hairs and that is completely normal. Hair strands have different stages: some grow, others are stable, and others are ready to fall out. But if your hair falls out in large quantities, there is probably something wrong. In this article, we look at what the most common causes of hair loss are and what can help with the problem.
Why are you losing your hair?
There are many causes of hair loss. You may be losing your hair due to one of the following issues:
- Blocked hair follicles
- And scrape shampoo
- poor diet
- hormonal changes
- Certain types of medicine
- Iron deficiency
- Thyroid problems
That is why you lose hair because of your diet
Poor diet, whether due to vitamin deficiency or a restrictive diet, can be causes of hair loss and that the hair loses shine and becomes weaker.
Stress can also have a negative effect on the hair, as well as unstable life situations, as this can increase the insulin level in the body. Because of this, we are often attracted to diets that have a high sugar level, such as sweets and carbohydrates with high glycemic index.
This type of diet contributes to harmful cell inflammation in the body. A good way to counteract hair loss is to include fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
Recommended diet for the prevention of hair loss
The most important nutritional elements are vitamins and minerals, such as:
- Vitamin A: This is found in liver, butter, eggs and cheese
- B-complex vitamins: This is found in rice, wheat, lentils, nuts and wheat germ
- Vitamin C: This is found in all citrus fruits, especially oranges, limes, grapefruits, and in kiwifruit and spinach.
- Iron: This is found in mussels, oysters, lentils, chickpeas and liver
- Zinc: This is widely found in celery, asparagus, wheat germ, chickpeas and liver.
Mistreatment that can cause hair loss
In some cases, alopecia may occur due to the hair being pulled too much. This may be due to a too tight ponytail and the use of hair bands or hairpins with too much pressure.
The cause of hair loss is here because it is constantly exposed to too much tension. In most cases, alopecia can be treated, but over time it can become permanent.
- It is recommended that you let your hair hang loose, or cut it shorter if it is more comfortable.
Another possible mistreatment of the hair that may be causing hair loss may be excessive use of heat.
Cream cures, hair color and the use of hair dryers with hot air are bad for the hair root that is stuck in the hair follicle. The consequence of this is that the hair becomes weaker, and eventually falls out.
- It is important to use organic, natural products without chemicals, parabens, salt or ammonia.
- Natural, organic products let your hair stay healthy and natural, without giving you allergies or other scalp symptoms.
- You can also use homemade products that strengthen your hair.
Permanent and temporary hair color, as well as other products that color or treat your hair with chemicals (this also applies to shampoo), are far too harsh and often damage your hair more than it benefits.
If you use combs and brushes made of plastic, be aware that it can damage your scalp. Instead, use brushes with natural hair, as they do not create the same problems for your scalp.
You should take extra care if you start noticing the warning signs below. You should contact a dermatologist if:
- Your hair loss is excessive and constant.
- If the fullness of your hair has become smaller after 2-4 months.
- There is a burning sensation in the areas where there is less hair growth.
- There is inflammation or redness in the areas where there is less hair growth.
Effective treatments that prevent hair loss
- Capillary Mesotherapy: This treats alopecia right from the first symptoms. With this therapy, for example, the treatments can be micro-inoculated into the problem areas and give natural-looking results without scars.
- Hair Loss Products: These products can help prolong the hair growth phase and prevent hair loss. One of the most widely used products for the prevention of hair loss is minoxidil.
So if you are looking for causes of hair loss: Remember to keep an eye on your diet, how you treat your hair and what products you should use. Your hair will thank you for it!