Sandals are comfortable footwear that let you have fresh feet in hot weather. Although the openings help provide air to your feet, the heat can also cause excessive moisture and odor. Are you looking for methods to get rid of bad odor in sandals?
Believe it or not, you can actually easily do this with some homemade products and natural ingredients.
Natural solutions to remove bad odor in sandals
The combination of certain materials in sandals, as well as sweat and foot bacteria, can make them smell. If you do not do anything about it, the smell will not go away. The smell can be strong when walking barefoot.
However, some homemade solutions can help reduce or get rid of the problem completely. Use one of these tips when taking off your sandals. When you put them on again, they will be perfect!
1. White clay and essential oils
White clay is a natural product with the ability to absorb toxins. This is a good solution to get rid of bad odor in sandals. Since it is like talcum powder, it is also very easy to use.
Nowadays, you can find white clay in pharmacies, health stores and stores with natural products. You can also add some essential oils to give it a specific aroma. We recommend, for example, lavender, rosemary and lemon.
How to use it:
- Just put a little bit of this mixture on the sole of the sandal when you take them off in the evening.
- You can also apply the clay to the sole when you go to put on the sandals.
- You can also use this clay for foot treatments, just like you would do in your face. That way, you can remove toxins on your skin and fight bad odors.
2. Tea bags with mint against bad smell in sandals
Do you drink mint tea? You should know that if you store your used tea bags, then you have a simple and inexpensive natural deodorant. These little bags work great in the fridge, closets, the car and even in sandals.
Here’s how you do it:
- After drinking the tea, let the tea bag dry.
- To make it smell better, you can add a few drops of essential mint oil. When they lose the scent, you can add more.
3. Baking soda with essential oils and citrus
One of the oldest remedies to get rid of bad odor in sandals and other footwear is baking soda. This absorbent, antifungal and alkalizing product helps to solve many situations at home.
In this case, we’ll use it with another product you may not have thought of: Citrus. Peels of citrus fruits are rich in natural essences. They also have a delicious scent that we associate with cleanliness and freshness.
Here’s how you do it:
- Peel different citrus fruits, such as lemon, oranges, tangerines and grapefruits, into thin strips. Then put them in a jar of baking soda. We do not recommend chopping them too much to make working with them easier.
- Let the baking soda soak for a few days.
- Finally, get a little on the soles of the sandals overnight so it can absorb the odor.
Other tips to remove bad odor in sandals
- Try to place your footwear in a dry and airy place, especially the footwear that tends to smell bad.
- Choose sandals made from natural, breathable materials.
- If you think you have an infection on your feet, you should go to an orthopedist.
- Your diet also affects your body odor. Eat more raw fruits and vegetables and drink at least two liters of water a day.
As you can see in this article, it is possible to get rid of bad odor in sandals. Just try some of these tips. Try it and see how easily bad odor disappears!