Excessive vaginal discharge is uncomfortable for many women. Therefore, they often suffer in secret and feel embarrassed about it. Of course, it is often not easy to talk about these topics. Although it is not a serious health problem, it does affect our quality of life. Fortunately, there are some natural remedies – like remedies with guava leaves – that can help.
In this article, we share the benefits of guava leaf remedies to reduce vaginal discharge.
They are also effective in keeping the area clean and preventing infections in our intimate area. Here we offer three different options to help us with this remedy.
Read on to find out what they are!
Means with guava leaves
Guava is a fruit that stands out due to its pleasant aroma and delicious taste. But we can use the leaves of this fruit, thanks to their excellent healing properties.
Guava stands out for its high content of antioxidants, including carotenoids, flavanoids and polyphenols.
Overall, tea made from guava leaves is very beneficial against the following ailments:
- Lowering blood sugar and regulating insulin,
- Lowering Cholesterol,
- Helps increase metabolism,
- Improving digestion,
- Increasing platelet levels,
- Improving prostate problems,
- Fighting hair loss.
Three remedies with guava leaves against excessive vaginal discharge
Guava leaves are an effective means of reducing excessive vaginal discharge and nurturing your intimate area thanks to the following medicinal properties:
- First, guava leaves have astringent properties, which reduce excess moisture and discharge.
- In addition, they have antibacterial and antifungal properties. Thus, they fight bacterial infections, foul odors and fungi.
- In addition, they soothe itching, inflammation and irritation.
It is ideal to treat this area with a local application and the steam from a medicinal tea several times a day. Below we will explain how to manufacture these funds.
You can drink this tea regularly to prevent excessive vaginal discharge. At the same time, you will also benefit from its many other benefits.
Alternatively, you can also take it in the form of a supplement, in capsules or in pill form.
- 2 guava leaves
- 1 cup of water
Course of action
- First, boil the water and cook the guava leaves for 15 minutes.
- Then let the tea steep for 5 minutes.
- Sweet tea as needed, either with stevia or honey.
- Drink at room temperature or cold.
Intimate wash, one of the other remedies with guava leaves
We can choose to wash ourselves with a decoction of guava leaves. In fact, the intimate area is very delicate and you should not overuse most hygiene products that are marketed.
They have almost all preservatives and sulfates among their ingredients which can affect us in the short and long term. We need soft natural products that do not damage the pH value in the intimate area.
Washing with guavate can help keep the area clean and free of infections without the use of soap or other products. For this you need a sterile gauze bandage, and do it every day. It is always recommended to rinse with plenty of water.
- 6 fresh or dried guava leaves (16 g)
- 2 glasses of water (400 ml)
- First, boil the water and boil the guava leaves for 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Use when cool or cold.
3. Steam baths with guava leaves
Steam bath in your intimate area is an old method that women have used to balance hormones. All types of medicinal plants can be used, depending on the problem you want to treat.
- 10 fresh or dried guava leaves
- 5 cups of water
Preparation and use
- First, boil the leaves in water for 15 minutes.
- Then turn off the heat and remove the pan from the heat.
- Be careful not to burn yourself when making the steam bath.
- Then squat over the pot at a distance of 30 centimeters, with your legs spread and without underwear. That way, the fumes and the high temperatures get direct contact, but without burning you.
- You can also cover yourself with towels to keep the heat inside.
- Do this for 15 minutes 3 times a week.
As you can see, both the leaves and this delicious fruit have many good properties. What are you waiting for – give it a try!