Want to know how to take better care of your kidneys and liver? The most important thing is to lead a healthy lifestyle, which limits your intake of salt and fat. Your kidneys and liver will feel much better if you exercise regularly, eat healthy, quit smoking and generally lead a healthy lifestyle. But in addition, you can supplement with nature’s own medicine, namely by eating the right fruits. In today’s article we will show you the best fruits to help you take care of your liver and kidneys. So finally keep reading!
Watermelon is good for both liver and kidneys
Watermelon… who does not love watermelon? It is the light, delicious fruit that is so refreshing in the summer, and mixes well with other types of juice – it can even be added to lunches or dinner. Have you ever tried to make a salad with spinach, cheese, nuts, watermelon, and mint? It is fantastic.
But let’s investigate why watermelon is particularly good for your liver and kidney health:
- Watermelon is one of the best fruits to cleanse the kidneys and stimulate good liver function thanks to its diuretic properties and the ability to cleanse the body.
- The juice from the watermelon is rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream, which helps stimulate the liver and kidneys even faster.
- Always choose a fresh watermelon. If it is overripe, it can cause more problems than it helps.
The best way to consume cranberries is through pure juice. In addition to being delicious, cranberry juice optimizes liver, kidney, and bladder function. Here are some of the amazing benefits of cranberries:
- Cranberries are a natural antioxidant, and one of the best fruits you can find for a natural detox.
- They help remove waste products, cleanse the body and bloodstream, and protect you from the effects of free radicals.
- One of the best and most well-known properties of cranberries is that they keep bacteria from sticking to the walls of the bladder. Believe it or not, this helps your entire gastrointestinal system
Lemons and lemon juice can be one of the best natural and medicinal things you can consume daily. We talk a lot on this blog about the benefits of drinking lemon water on an empty stomach, but you should know that drinking lemon juice and water on an empty stomach is also a great way to take care of your kidneys and liver health.
- Lemons are a natural cleansing agent that helps treat fatty liver disease, for example.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals, lemons help optimize and strengthen the functions of the liver and kidneys.
- Another benefit of lemons is that they help break down food when it reaches the stomach. That way, they promote good digestion.
Green apples, red apples… choose the ones you prefer! Choose your favorite color or choose the ones that look best, because they are equally good at taking care of your liver and kidneys, while also protecting your health in general. Why not include a few slices of apples in your breakfast today? Apples are a great option, but make sure you eat the trash too – that’s the best part!
- Apples help control the level of bad cholesterol and triglycerides in the bloodstream while stimulating proper kidney function and helping to cleanse the liver.
- You should ideally consume one apple a day to help your liver and kidneys as much as possible. Just make sure to clean it properly and always eat the garbage.
5. Red grapes
You should always choose the grapes with the darkest color. Why? They are richer in antioxidants and other medicinal properties than white grapes.
- Red grapes are a powerful water driver that helps cleanse the kidneys and improve the function of the liver.
- As you probably already know, they are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, and in addition, they promote the elimination of waste products and other harmful waste products from the body.
- Red grapes have a very high water content, almost 80%. This makes them suitable for daily consumption, and just like with apples, you should always eat them with the trash on as many of the good properties come from this part of the fruit.
- You can enjoy grapes in many different ways: for your breakfast oatmeal or plain Greek yogurt, or in a delicious salad consisting of spinach, nuts, cheese, and even a bit of watermelon if you fancy.
- If you are wondering whether drinking a glass of red wine daily can also be good for your liver and kidneys, then the answer is yes! The benefits of red wine come from resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant found in red grapes and, according to several studies, is great for treating fatty liver disease. Just remember to moderate yourself to a glass daily… Everything in moderation!