With just a few minutes each day, you can strengthen your jaw and neck. How to reduce the double chin. Double chin is very uncomfortable and also looks really ugly when you look at yourself in the mirror or in a picture.
Fat buildup in this part of the body can mean that you are prone to cardiometabolic diseases. Not only do overweight people have a double chin, but you can also develop one if you have flabby jaw muscles that cause your face to lose its shape.
This usually happens after a certain age, but you should always be careful. Thus, here are the most effective exercises to reduce a double chin. The good news is that these exercises are quite easy, so you can do them at any time and in the comfort of your home.
1. Move your tongue to reduce the double chin
- Sit in a comfortable place, with your back completely straight and your mouth closed.
- Then make circular movements with the tongue around the top of the mouth.
- Try to do ten repetitions three times a day.
- You can also try making circular motions side by side.
Also read: Food and exercise: The key to getting a beach body
2.Press your tongue against your palate
- Start with your back completely straight and your shoulders relaxed, preferably in a comfortable place.
- Tilt your head all the way back until you look at the ceiling.
- Then press your tongue against your palate. While doing this movement with your tongue, bend your head in a way that makes your chin touch your chest.
- You should never stop pressing your tongue against your palate while doing this exercise, so concentrate! Then relax your tongue and return to the starting position.
- Do at least 20 repetitions a day.
3. Wrinkle the pan
- You can do this exercise standing or sitting. Do what works best for you.
- Stick your lip as far away from your mouth as possible, as babies do when they are about to cry.
- As you frown, tighten your neck muscles, then bend your head in a way that makes your chin touch your chest.
- Always keep your back and shoulders straight while doing this exercise.
- When your chin touches your chest, return to the starting position, rest and repeat it at least 15 times a day.
4. Make an “o” with the lips
- Start with your back straight and your shoulders along the side.
- Then tilt your head back and close your lips to form an “O” shape.
- Hold your neck stiff and hold this position for 20 or 25 seconds. Then return to starting position and repeat at least 10 times a day.
Also read: The mental and physical benefits of aerobics
5. How to reduce the double chin by rotating your head
- You can do this exercise in a sitting or standing position. The important thing is to keep your back as straight as possible.
- You should chin should touch one of your shoulders and then do the same with the other.
- Your chin should make a semicircular motion, rubbing against your chest until it reaches the other shoulder. Be sure to keep your shoulders down during the exercise.
- Repeat ten times.
6. Kiss the ceiling
- To do this exercise, stand straight with your arms hanging along your sides.
- Then tilt your head toward the ceiling.
- Afterwards, fold your lips as hard as possible, until you feel tension in the neck and jaw muscles.
- Hold for at least five seconds and return to starting position.
- Repeat this exercise 15 times every day.
7. Pronounce the vowels
You can do this easy exercise to reduce the double chin at any time.
- Stand with your back completely straight.
- Pronounce each vowel slowly, with your mouth open.
- Try to repeat as many times as possible.