Today we would like to share a great recipe for a saucepan of mushrooms that you can make at home. It’s sure to please both your guests and your family – plus it’s nourishing!
Nutritional and health benefits
Mushrooms have approx. 20 calories per 100 grams. They are perfect for people on a diet and if you want to prevent obesity and diabetes. They do not contain cholesterol, but they are full of fiber.
Fungi make you feel full longer. Thanks to their large amounts of B vitamins, magnesium and zinc, they are also good for your nervous system and bones.
In addition, fungi contain trace elements, minerals and antioxidants. Selenium and vitamin D help fight T cells and repair your DNA, for example, and protect you from many kinds of diseases. Potassium is good for your cardiovascular health and prevents fluid retention because it helps the body remove toxins.
Also read: Easy, effective natural aids with pineapple
How to choose the mushrooms
The type and quality of mushrooms that you buy is just as important as the recipe you choose. If you choose the right mushrooms, you are guaranteed to have fresh ingredients of high quality and good taste. We give you some recommendations to keep in mind when you are shopping:
- Avoid fungi with dark spots; it is a sign that they are not fresh.
- They should be white in color, or very bright.
- Make sure they have been kept cool, as the storage temperature affects how long they last after you buy them. It is not a good idea to store them for too long at home – two days is their maximum shelf life.
- Mushrooms that are ready to be eaten are firm when you squeeze them, not soft.
- Do not buy fungi that are sticky to the touch. They should feel dry.
- Avoid buying mushrooms that smell damp. This is a sign that they are close to their expiration date.
How to prepare mushrooms
When you fry or cook mushrooms, the water or oil you use retains many of their nutrients and antioxidants. These processes also reduce their protein and carbohydrate content. It is best to cook them very quickly. On the other hand, if you grill or bake mushrooms, it seems that their antioxidant power increases.
Also read: Antioxidant juice to relieve arthritis
Casserole with mushrooms and eggs
Casserole with mushrooms and eggs is a good source of protein (both from animals and vegetables). It is the perfect blend of nutrition and flavor. The recipe is enough for 5 people.
- 5 eggs (300 g)
- 1 chili pepper, chopped (3 g)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices of bread, cut into cubes (40 g)
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped (30 g)
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta or cottage cheese (150 g)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped (10 g)
- 5 trays of mushrooms, sliced (500 g)
- 1 grilled red pepper, cut into slices (30 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- First, preheat the oven to 190 ° C
- Add a little oil to a saucepan. Add garlic and chili, Put in the oven and bake for approx. 5 minutes. Remove the bowl.
- Add the spring onion and mushrooms and stir until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Then add the grilled peppers and bread.
- Add a little oil and put it back in the oven for a few minutes. Remove the bowl and add the eggs.
- Then season the mixture with salt and parsley, and bake it for 10 minutes.
- When removing the saucepan from the oven, sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Serve and enjoy this delicious casserole with mushrooms!