How To Remove Mold From Your Home

Removing mold from your home is more than just an aesthetic issue.
How to remove mold from your home

While these stains can make your walls look ugly, the biggest problem is that they are harmful to health. In this article, we will tell you how to remove mold naturally and effectively.

It is true that mold slowly destroys your paint and other materials in the home. The real problem, however, is that it is the source of fungal spores and bacteria that can affect your body.

Although you may initially be most irritated by the damp odor that the fungus causes, mold becomes more and more serious to health, such as the appearance of allergies and respiratory problems, the longer you leave it on. For this reason, you should take steps to combat it before it continues to spread so that you can be sure that everyone in your home can be in good health.

In today’s article we will share some recommendations and natural products with you that will make it easier to remove mold without the use of chemicals. Are you ready to try them at home?

Tips to remove mold in the home

Before trying to remove the fungus with commercial mold removal products, you should find out how to best check that it is not growing further.

There are some simple measures you can take that can help you avoid excessive humidity inside the house. This will limit how much microorganisms can develop in your home.

Make sure your home is well ventilated.

provide ventilation

If you open your windows and doors at least once a day, you can easily reduce the presence of mold, house dust mites and other particles that accumulate inside your house.

When air circulates, it allows moist areas to dry naturally. This will change the environment in which the mold and microorganisms grow. It also explains why a little ventilation in general will help reduce and neutralize unpleasant odors indoors.

Do not cover the mold

One of the biggest mistakes that people make is trying to cover up the mold in their home, with furniture, fabric or the like. This prevents the air from circulating around the affected areas, causing the mold to grow even more. It is best to keep the area open and prevent the problem from getting worse.

Avoid hanging wet clothes inside

do not dry clothes inside

Although you may find it “harmless” to hang your laundry up inside the home, it can have negative consequences for your health. Moisture causes mold to grow, especially if you already have some visible areas affected by it. The lack of air also means that the clothes do not become completely dry, which can lead to unpleasant odors in the clothes, which are difficult to get rid of again.

Natural products to remove mold in the home

Many natural products have properties that disinfect and clean surfaces so you can more easily remove the mold. These products are 100% environmentally friendly options that will make your home smell fresh while reducing odor and moisture due to mold. Read more about the best options here.

White vinegar

white vinegar to remove mold

The acidic consistency of vinegar can reduce the appearance of mold. It will eliminate dark spots and remove any fungi and bacteria found in your home.

How should you use it?

  • Spray this product on your mold, bathroom or tile where there is mold and let it sit for 15 minutes.
  • Then you can wipe the rest off with copious amounts of water and a brush.

Baking soda

Baking soda is a versatile product with many uses in the home. It has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties and is suitable for many types of cleaning. It stands out for its ability to stop the growth of mold. Using baking soda will also eliminate the dark spots and unpleasant odors which are caused by mold.

Here’s how you do it

  • Mix water with a generous amount of baking powder and rub the mixture with a brush on the desired area.
  • Let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse with plenty of water.

Sea salt

Sea salt has a special quality that makes it an excellent solution to remove mold. This mineral disinfects surfaces while absorbing moisture in the enclosed space. It is generally used directly in the problem area. It can also be used to prevent the mold from developing in the first place.

How to use it

  • Rub sea salt on the affected area and remove it with a sponge or brush. However, let it sit for 20 minutes first.
  • You can also add plenty of sea salt to small containers. Place them in strategic areas, such as corners or closets.

Sometimes it can be difficult to remove mold. This usually happens because the home is designed incorrectly or that building materials allow moisture to seep through the walls. If the problem persists for a long time, it is best to talk to an expert to find a solution.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button