Foot sweat is a problem that most Danes have experienced at some point in their lives. It can be due to poor hygiene, bacteria or fungus, poor footwear, moisture and even stress. It can be both an embarrassing and an unpleasant problem.
There is currently a large selection of products on the market that can counteract foot sweat. However, these products only neutralize the odor of foot sweat to a limited extent. It is very rare that they completely remove it.
How to prevent foot sweat?
Before a given treatment is to be effective, it is very important to take some precautions before getting started. The problem often arises from our daily habits. It is therefore important to first identify and correct the bad habits if one wants the problem to disappear completely.
- Hygiene : It is very important to clean your feet daily to reduce the presence of bacteria. If possible, use an antibacterial soap and scrub your feet to remove dead skin cells.
- Humidity : Moisture can be one of the causes of foot sweat and foul-smelling feet. It is important to keep your feet dry to prevent fungal growth.
- Deodorants : Using spray or powder deodorant for your feet is a great way to avoid sweat and odor.
- Footwear : It matters what you have on your feet . It is important to choose footwear that allows the feet to breathe. Airtight shoes will result in odor problems.
- Socks : Socks made from synthetic materials can make your feet smell more. If possible, find yourself some socks made from 100% cotton.
Treatment of foot sweat
If you are still suffering from foot sweat after following the above advice, then there are some other things you can do. There are many things in the home you can use to get rid of that ugly, embarrassing smell!
Baking soda is a natural deodorant, and can be used instead of sprays and powders. Sprinkle a little in your shoes and on your feet to prevent excess sweat and odor.
Apple cider vinegar
This natural product helps remove foot sweat and balances the skin’s pH value. It is also a mild antibacterial agent. Add 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar to a basin of warm water and soak your feet for ten minutes.
Sage is a plant with antibacterial properties that can help stop your feet from sweating too much. Put dry sage leaves in your shoes daily or dip your feet in a mixture of sage and warm water for 15 minutes.
Ginger is a root with antibacterial properties that helps fight foot sweat and bad odor. It is known for its anti-inflammatory properties ,. Ginger reduces swelling and relaxes the feet. Grate a medium-sized piece of ginger with a grater, put it in a liter of water and let it boil for 15 minutes. Use this liquid to massage your feet before bedtime.
Rosemary, lemon and mint
You can get rid of the smell of sour toes using rosemary, lemon and mint. They are really good at slowing down the excess sweat production, killing bacteria and cleansing the skin. They leave your feet clean, fresh and odorless!
Course of action
Squeeze the juice from the lemon into a quarter liter of warm water. Add a tablespoon of rosemary and a tablespoon of mint. Dip your feet into the mixture for 15 minutes and dry them thoroughly afterwards. Voila! Your feet are now sweat-free and odor-free!