If you are one of those people who likes to snack but wants to snack on something healthy, you can try making vegetable chips. You can also serve these chips with a dressing or homemade sauce to make them even more delicious!
“Chips” is an American term that refers to thinly sliced potatoes that are fried at high temperatures. In general, they have a round shape due to how the potato is cut.
Chips are a very popular food worldwide and in many countries you can buy them in any grocery store or supermarket. But if you are looking for something healthier, chips bought in the supermarket may not be the best option. Therefore, we have collected a few recipes for vegetable chips to make a delicious and healthier option.
Also read: 5 good snacks for the diet
Vegetable chips of eggplant
First of all, why eggplant chips?
Eggplant is a widely used vegetable in cooking and it contains many nutrients and properties that are very beneficial for our bodies. Some of these nutrients and properties include the fact that:
- Eggplant has antibacterial and antiviral properties due to the flavonoids it contains.
- This vegetable contains vitamin E, folic acid and dietary fiber. For this reason, it is recommended for skin care, during pregnancy and for losing weight.
- It helps fight liver problems because it stimulates bile production.
- Due to its high water content, it is also considered a diuretic vegetable. It is perfect for helping to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Additionally, you can also add other vegetables to your chips, such as cucumbers, beets, carrots or pumpkins. This will vary the taste of your chips and be a very healthy snack that you will definitely love!
How to make vegetable chips
1. Eggplant chips
You can pair these chips with a dressing, garlic sauce, tartar sauce or even a tomato sauce. You can also cook these sauces yourself to enhance their flavor and make a healthier version.
- 2 medium-sized aubergines (500 g)
- 120 g wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons salt (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary powder (15 g)
- 125 ml olive oil
- 250 ml Danish water
- Paper towel
- First, wash the aubergines well. Then cut them into very thin slices.
- Then mix salt and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Now lower the slices of eggplant in a bowl of Danish water. Let them soak for 20 minutes. Then pour off the water and place them on a plate.
- Pour the olive oil into a frying pan and heat it over medium heat.
- Then dip each eggplant slice in the flour and fry until golden brown.
- When you have finished frying all the eggplant slices, pour off the oil or dip them with a paper towel.
- Finally, serve the chips on a plate and sprinkle with the salt and rosemary mixture.
2. Oven-baked cucumber chips
Cucumber is rich in antioxidants, vitamins A, B, C and E, dietary fiber and essential minerals such as potassium, magnesium and iron.
It is also ideal for skin care, strengthening connective tissue in the body and improving the cardiovascular system.
- 400 g cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon salt (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (15 g)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (45 ml)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (15 ml)
- Tin foil
Also read: The benefits of eating cucumber often
- Wash and cut the cucumbers first. Cut them thinly and place them on a plate.
- Then place them in a medium bowl with apple cider vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, salt and chopped parsley.
- Then let the cucumbers soak in the mixture and then place them on a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Bake the cucumbers for 10 or 15 minutes until golden.
- Finally, eat and enjoy!
3. Pumpkin chips
Pumpkin contains vitamins A and C as well as essential minerals such as potassium, calcium and magnesium and folic acid and amino acids. In addition, they are recommended to help with weight loss, relieve constipation, keep the skin healthy and to eat during pregnancy.
- 240 g pumpkin
- 1 pinch of pepper (5 g)
- 1 pinch pepper (5 g)
- 60 g wheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt (5 g)
- 125 ml sunflower oil
- A spiralizer or mandolin iron
- First use the spiralizer on the cut pieces of pumpkin to give them chip shape.
- Then mix paprika, pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Dip the pumpkin chips in this mixture.
- Then sprinkle wheat flour on a plate and put the chips in the flour.
- Now pour the sunflower oil into a frying pan and heat the oil. Fry the chips until golden brown.
- Allow the chips to cool and drain some of the oil.
- Finally you can enjoy your delicious pumpkin chips!
So what are you waiting for? Hurry up to make these delicious vegetable chips! We promise you will not be disappointed with their taste. They will be your go-to snack!