Today we will teach you step by step how to make a delicious sixty leches cake that is as beautiful as it is delicious.
Latin America is an area with lots of different culture, art and types of food. It no doubt has some amazing recipes, like the one we want to show you today. It is actually a combination of a spongy cake, meringue, cream and dairy products.
Learn how to make a delicious sixty leches cake step by step
Something amazing about this recipe is that there is a good mix of salty, neutral and sweet ingredients to create a really surprising result.
In general, cakes, pies and cookies usually have a smooth texture. With a sixty leches cake, however, that is not the case. This is because the surface is soaked in sweet milk and has a unique and sweet taste.
When you try it, your taste buds will definitely experience some really pleasant sensations. On the one hand, you can feel how heavy the cake is with its spongy and classic texture. On the other hand, one can taste the sweet and mild taste that only cow’s milk (and other ingredients) can make possible.
In addition, something that sixty leches cake offers is that when you invite friends or family over, they will be very impressed.
However, you will need to have something in the back of your mind to be able to do it right. Remember that if you use too much condensed milk or cream, then you will ruin the spongy texture in the dessert. Don’t worry, we will show you exactly what to do. Read on!
- 6 eggs.
- 240 grams of wheat flour.
- 250 ml of water.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (15 grams).
- 2 tablespoons vanilla.
- 1 can condensed milk (370 grams).
- 1 can of cream (290 grams).
- 1/2 can unsweetened condensed milk (180 ml).
- 400 grams of sugar.
- First, preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Then grease a cake pan and set aside.
- Now beat eggs with sugar.
- In a bowl, mix flour, water, vanilla and baking powder.
- Then whip it all until you have a thick, traditional cake batter.
- The mixture is poured into the greased cake tin.
- Place the mixture in the oven and bake it for about 25 minutes. You will know that it is ready when you stick a toothpick in it and it comes out clean.
- Once you have taken the cake out of the oven, let it cool.
- Then pour all three types of milk on the cake when it has reached room temperature.
- Finally, repeat this step until the cake absorbs the liquid and gets the amazing look that a sixty leches cake has.
- The cake should preferably be left in the fridge and eaten cold.
Instructions for topping for sixty leches cake
You should start with this part when you are done with the recipe for the basic cake. It is important to follow it very closely. Sixty leches cake will not be the same without this delicious topping!
- 4 egg whites.
- 100 grams of sugar.
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice (8 ml).
- 1 pinch of crushed cinnamon (optional).
- Remember that this is the part that gives the cake its unique flavor. It is actually a very simple meringue that one can make to get on top of the finished cake.
- Begin by pouring egg whites into a bowl. Use an electric whisk to whip them until fluffy.
- Then slowly add sugar until it has been completely mixed.
- Pour in the lemon juice and continue to whip for a few minutes.
- However, do not use too much lemon juice. Otherwise, it may ruin the taste of meringue.
- Finally, the mixture is placed in a spray bag and the surface of the cake is decorated. If you want, you can sprinkle crushed cinnamon on top.