Why should one have an alkaline diet ? You have probably heard of the benefits of this type of diet many times before and they are true. Studies have shown that your body needs a slightly alkaline pH to be in balance, and a body in balance is a healthy one. We give you here 8 basic diet choices for your health.
Improve your health
Most food we consume on a daily basis is too sour . Salt, fat, processed foods, baked goods… All these products provide an acidic environment for the body’s cells, which in the long run increases your chance of affecting your health. So what should you do? Well you can start by establishing a base-acid balance in your diet.
Today will show you some great tips to do this. Check it out!
As we have said on several occasions, the best thing you can do for your health is to start the day with a glass of room temperature water with a little lemon juice. You should always drink it on an empty stomach and wait half an hour before eating breakfast.
You can spend that time taking a bath or getting ready for the day. After the 30 minutes have passed, try one of these interesting breakfast suggestions:
- A bowl of chopped apples and watermelon and m cooperative milk.
- A spinach omelet and a glass of carrot juice.
- Green tea with pita bread and cherry tomatoes.
- An apple and beetroot smoothie. Pumpkin bread with honey.
- Pancakes with wheat germ and spinach. A glass of natural pineapple juice.
- Pear juice, a bowl of sour cherries, chopped watermelon and hazelnuts or almonds.
- Green tea, a bowl of dates and dried fruits. An omelette with two cloves of garlic.
- A glass of natural apple juice, two carrots, boiled and then baked with a bit of cinnamon. Wheat pita bread with a few cherry tomatoes. Delicious!
It’s time for lunch, and as you might guess, our most popular recommendation is a good, fresh salad. Are you a salad lover? Be creative and create varied dishes full of vitamins and nutrients, and which also have a balanced pH with the perfect mix of alkaline and acidic foods. Want to see a few examples?
- Green salad: Arugula, lettuce and spring salad. Black olives. Cucumber and some red grapes. Add a little tofu and pour a little apple cider vinegar and olive oil over the salad. On another plate, serve yourself a bit of hummus. Hummus is nothing but chickpea puree, making it a healthy and delicious addition to your lunch.
- Green smoothie: Smoothie with cabbage, half an avocado, cucumber, celery and half a glass of water. You should also add a little olive oil. Serve with pita bread and cherry tomatoes next to it.
- Spinach and garlic omelette, served with a salad with avocado, walnuts, celery and arugula.
- Steamed Brussels sprouts with apple cider vinegar and olive oil. A glass of beetroot and apple juice. Cherry tomatoes with chopped garlic on top.
- A grilled chicken breast with chives and asparagus. Endive leaves with a bit of apple cider vinegar. Cherry tomatoes with chopped garlic on top.
- Cabbage juice with spinach and celery. Pita bread with mustard, watercress, tomato and a bit of avocado.
- Scrambled eggs with asparagus. Salad with spinach, walnuts and orange slices.
- Chicken breast with tomato, garlic and asparagus. Salad with celery, arugula, walnuts and chopped apples.
- Natural melon juice.
- Almond milk.
- Green tea.
- A sliced apple with walnuts or almonds.
- All kinds of berries such as blackberries or blueberries. These, for example, are great to add in a banana smoothie.
- Carrot soup with squash. Baked salmon with olive oil and chives.
- Squash pure. Baked chicken breast with a bit of honey and cherry tomatoes.
- Tuna with basmati rice and a little lemon juice and olive oil as a dressing.
- Baked squash. An omelet with asparagus.
- Celery soup with chopped almonds. Pita bread with avocado pieces, cherry tomatoes and peppers.
- A bit of hummus. A salad with arugula, cabbage, tomato and turkey breast pieces.
- A baked potato with olive oil. Salmon and an apple smoothie.
- Caramelized carrots with cinnamon. Wholemeal basmati rice with avocado, raisins and almonds and the juice of half a lemon as a dressing.
Finally, you should ideally consume this type of diet at least three times a week. Additionally, there is one particular thing you need to keep in mind. Going day in and day out with a high stress level keeps you from having a balanced body. It weakens your immune system, your health and gets your pH out of balance.
When your cells are exposed to a high acid level, they cannot transport as much oxygen and in the long run, these small reactions can have a negative impact on your overall health. So follow these tips to improve your quality of life:
- Eat these basic dishes at least three times a week.
- Control stressful and anxiety-provoking situations properly.
- Exercise regularly.
- Drink a lot of fluids.
- Get regular health checks to check your pH balance.