It is important to include foods in the diet that promote the health of the hair. It is also necessary to reduce the intake of certain foods that can damage the hair.
If you want healthier hair but do not know how to get it, this article is just for you. That’s because, here we are going to tell you about some of the foods that promote healthy hair.
In many cases, the diet you choose can provide everything you need for a nicer and healthier hair.
Salmon is a fish that is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, a nutrient that helps strengthen the hair follicles and improve hair health.
Several studies have shown that consuming these fatty acids regularly over the course of six months will help the telogen phase, which is the resting phase of the hair after the catagen phase.
- That said, consuming foods rich in Omega-3 will enhance the health of the hair
- In addition, salmon is rich in Vitamin B12 and iron, which is also good for the hair
2. Chicken can be good for the hair
Chicken is rich in animal protein. Protein is fundamental to the production of keratin, which is the substance that 80% of the hair is made of.
- If you lack this kind of protein for more than 2-3 months, the hair will stop growing as normal and start falling out.
All kinds of meat contain animal protein, but chicken is one of the healthiest choices.
This type of nut is rich in Vitamin E, a nutrient that strengthens the hair.
- 2o almonds a day is enough to give you 70% of the recommended daily intake of this vitamin
- And if that wasn’t enough, almonds also contain many other things that are good for the hair, such as biotin, fatty acids and B vitamins.
Oysters are not just a delicacy. They are also good for the hair.
It is a food that is rich in zinc, which helps the hair to grow and shine.
One oyster is enough to get the recommended dose of this mineral.
If you can not eat oysters every day, there are other foods with zinc, which are also good for promoting hair growth. Some of these are:
5. Pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds contain a lot of iron, which is an essential nutrient for hair growth, just as it is generally good for the appearance of hair in general.
- Include pumpkins in your diet for healthier hair
Also read: 8 reasons to eat pumpkin seeds
Beans contain iron, which is important for the health of the hair.
A portion of beans contains approx. half the daily recommended dose of iron.
Beans are also rich in zinc and choline, which are needed to regulate blood circulation in the scalp.
Eggs are an ag protein richest food you can find. And then they contain large amounts of Vitamin B12.
Also read: Three hair masks with eggs for dry hair
Foods that we recommend to avoid
Just as there are foods that can stimulate the health of the hair, there are others that you should avoid if you want healthy and strong hair.
It is e.g. refined food and that which contains large amounts of sugar or other carbohydrates.
- These are things that can cause bloating and can cause changes in hormone balance. This can directly interfere with the hair’s ability to grow
Excessive sugar intake is one of the main causes, in addition to stress, for hair loss. It can can damage the hair follicles so that the hair cannot grow.
- Of course, this does not mean that you should never include sugar in your diet, but it can damage your hair with too much of it
You need to learn how to control cravings so that you do not abuse sugar in your diet. You should also research what healthier alternatives are available and replace them with it.